On May 25th join wine lovers around the world in celebrating Languedoc AOC wines during our annual #LanguedocDay social media event!
#LanguedocDay is a social media campaign and live conversation to promote Languedoc AOC wines. Anyone can participate by sharing content and using the hashtag #LanguedocDay.
How do I participate?
- Pick up a few bottles of Languedoc AOC wine at your local wine shop.
- On May 25th, pop the corks and start enjoying the wines! Share photos of your favorite bottles along with your own opinions, tasting notes, pairing ideas or whatever else comes to mind!
- Make sure to tag your posts with #LanguedocDay to join the conversation, and follow along to see what others are saying.
What Wines Should I Buy?
Languedoc produces a wide range of wine types and styles, including sparkling, white, red and rosé. A good place to start is by buying at least one bottle of each style. But don’t worry! In addition to their variety, Languedoc AOC wines are also very affordable.
Here are some suggestions:
- Sparkling: Limoux is the original home of traditional method sparkling wine (even before Champagne!), offering extremely high quality at a fraction of the price.
- White: Picpoul de Pinet, a white wine whose name means “lip-stinger” because of its zesty acidity, makes a perfect aperitif and pairs wonderfully with oysters.
- Red: Corbières is home to wines of all colors, including hearty reds made from primarily Carignan grapes that often smell of “garrigue”, the local name for resinous herbs such as rosemary and thyme.
- Rosé: Many Languedoc AOCs produce beautiful rosey-hued wines that pair especially well with a salad or charcuterie plate.
Where Can I Find Languedoc AOC Wines?
Many wine and liquor stores carry a range of Languedoc AOC wines. Find one near you.